We are seeking a highly self-motivated, collaborative Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate to help our team in South San Francisco with designing, testing, and validating our next-generation, novel mouse strains in the pipeline. Though small, our team consists of professionals and renowned academic professors with collectively unrivaled expertise in B cell biology, antibody engineering, and mouse genetics. To apply, please email CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Responsibilities of the Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate position include:
- Designing and cloning gene expression vectors
- Transfecting and/or transducing mammalian cell lines with engineered vectors and characterizing the expressed proteins.
- Characterizing lymphocyte development and functions in our next-generation mouse strains
- Participating in weekly scientific discussions with the team
- BS in Biology or related discipline
- Knowledge of basic immunology concepts equivalent to an undergraduate upper-division immunology course.
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Competence in mammalian tissue culture techniques including transfection and transduction
- Competence in standard molecular biology techniques including PCR, DNA/RNA purification, molecular cloning, and gene expression analysis
- Competence in cell biology techniques including western blotting, ELISA, and flow cytometry
- Ability to work independently in carrying out experimental tasks while collaborating with other scientists in the team
- Willingness to learn and tackle difficult experimental challenges